SUSTAINABILITY IN THE FIELDS:
At Kendal Calling, our team has been bustling away behind the scenes to keep our fields as clean and tidy as possible during and after the festival. We’re putting in some exciting sustainable initiatives for you to get involved with, to maintain a happy Deer Park when we make it our home for 4 days out of 365 (and a half!).
This year we will be:
- Working with the Association of Independent Festivals to avoid single-use plastics across the festival – including plastic bottles, plastic cutlery, plastic plates etc.
- Can-O-Water will be replacing single-use plastic water bottles across all our bars – whilst nothing is as environmentally friendly as reusable bottles, this is far better for the environment than plastic bottles.
- We’re phasing out plastic bags across the festival, including black bin liners. We will be replacing black bin-liners with bio-degradable clear bin-liners and will be handing these out in campsites – so please take one!
- Tim Peaks, the home of incredible Yorkshire tea and coffee, will have a cup return scheme.
- United Utilities will be giving out 10,000 FREE reusable water bottles which you can collect on site. These are now sold out.
- Food waste is being separated and composted.
- We welcome Campsite Carers, distributing recycling bags across our campsites for a cleaner ethos to all
Please help us to be sustainable in the fields. Look after the Deer Park, take your tents home and stop the tent-graveyard!
See you in the (green) fields!